We support all development methodologies- Agile and Waterfall, and bring continuous delivery principles to the Database development world.
- Accelerate the overall application release process by automating the DB (the weakest link)
- Deliver more database driven business applications with the same number of developers
- Significantly reduce the time spent on writing and revising database scripts
- Manage the growing volume and increased frequency of changes
- Leverage Impact Analysis of database changes in order to identify and resolve conflicts
- Automatically create database update scripts to eliminate human errors
- Enforced Source Control
- Enhanced security through Roles and Responsibilities segregation
- Audit trail
Using TeamWork™ you can:
- Reduce developer’s overhead when synchronizing and integrating database development code.
- Increase management visibility on development progress while allowing developers to focus on their main role – and create or update database code.
- Eliminate code-override situations, which happen often when several team members work on the same database code and update it simultaneously.
- Reduce the time developers and DBAs spend on creating and debugging the database deployment scripts, which are used whenever your project advances in its life cycle (development -> Test -> UAT -> Production).
- Enforce change policies on your database, ensuring that every change is documented and mapped to a relevant business objective.
- Enforce organizational policies using Active Directory on the database changes from the development phase.
Achieve True Business Continuity with DBmaestro TeamWork™
As a Development Manager, you know best how complicated your project is and how much your team invests in integration between development teams, merging code between branches, and last but not least, the synchronizing all of the databases that exist in the development, tests, and other environments. DBmaestro TeamWork™ integrates with other SDLC tools, enabling your developers to work within the environments they’re most comfortable with – meaning less time spent onboarding and learning new tools.
With TeamWork™ you can reduce the time your team invests in synchronizing and merging database code between the different environments, dramatically boosting business agility by enabling the rapid deployment of changes – without the added time spent backtracking to identify and repair bugs and issues. TeamWork™ makes sure all your database code is under database source control, documenting every database change and providing greater visibility into project progress and the stability of the development area (A high change rate represents areas which are either in development or unstable).
Improve Development Collaboration by Allowing Development Teams to Work In Tandem on Projects
One of the major challenges that exist in database development is its usage as a shared resource. Too frequently it happens when two team members, or two developers, work on the same code (package, procedure, function), and when compiling the object in the database, changes implemented by others are overridden. TeamWork™ prevents this from happening in your project by serializing the work on the central resource – database objects. This improves development collaboration by allowing multiple development teams to work in tandem on the same projects while drastically reducing the likelihood of overriding changes implemented by another team and, in the worst-case but all-too-common scenario, overriding critical fixes that exist in the target environment but are not reflected in the source.
Merge and Build Automation Leverages a Guaranteed, Single Source of Truth
For every integration, end of iteration, release drop to QA, etc., your team has devoted a great deal of effort in developing and debugging the database changes script(s). With TeamWork™, these time-consuming tasks are drastically reduced through merge and build automation you can trust by leveraging a guaranteed single source of truth for your database changes.
Policy-Based Development and Deployment Prevents Unauthorized Changes and Controls Out-of-Process Changes
TeamWork™ unique Change Policy Enforcement ensures that all database changes to managed objects are documented and linked to a Change Request (CR). Embedded within the database engine, TeamWork’s Change Policy Enforcement process cannot be bypassed using a different database client IDE or even connecting directly via command line. This ensures all changes are related to a valid CR and eliminates out-of-process changes that can wreak havoc on your application, with errors often only becoming obvious when it’s too late – after deployment. DBmaestro TeamWork™ offers a safety net that ensures all changes are safe for release.
With the Enhanced Security of TeamWork™, you can apply your Active Directory roles and responsibilities into your database, starting from the development phase. For example, you may decide that in the development environment anyone can perform changes. In the integration and testing environments only the DBA and Team Leaders can change table structure but everyone can change code (packages, procedures, functions, etc.). Roles and responsibilities define who has access to making changes to specific objects, completely preventing unauthorized changes to the database.
With TeamWork™ you can reduce the time developers and DBAs spend on creating and debugging the database deployment scripts, which are used whenever your project advances in its life cycle (development -> Test -> UAT -> Production). By reducing the number of bugs and errors that are released, DBmaestro TeamWork™ provides risk mitigation beyond what’s achievable using standard compare-and-sync tools, in a fraction of the time.